Thursday 11 September 2008

Two Days To Go

A short update. With two days to go, I have once again re-packed. Still nowhere near my 46kg limit. Have tried to keep the garlic powder away from my pants.

Shortly after cancelling my 02 phone (which will stop working on 9th October), I read today that Ethiopian SIMs do not text! So for anyone with spare cash lying around, feel free to call me, otherwise email really will be the only option - at least until Skype or similar can work with Dial-Up.

Photos courtesy of a current volunteer in Abbiyi Adi

The College on the left and my house on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! On the telecoms front - apparently I can get my Nigerian SIM in Lewisham which may relieve me of the pleasures of SIM City in Abuja (found a marvellous blog by a chap called Glen who's at the same organisation I'm going to...).
My blog's on http://vso.cicely.info. Just getting the hang of it. Did you remember to pack the head torch?
Good luck and feel free to call by Kafanchan if you find yourself in West Africa.